Porto is considered World Heritage by UNESCO since 1996 and it was also nominated the Best European Destination in 2014. Porto, the "Cidade Invicta" (unvanquished city) is history, is architecture, culture, gastronomy, trade, encounters and discoveries.
This tour includes a voucher for the City sightseeing Bus that will show you Porto’s main attractions comfortably seated on the famous open-top red buses. You can get on and get off the bus as often as you like at any of the stops, for the duration of the voucher (48h). You can finish the day in “Ribeira” at the Douro Riverside where you can use the cruise voucher (50min) in a typical “Rabelo” boat enjoying the beautiful landscape and its remarkable 6 famous bridges “Arrábida”, “D. Luís”, “Infante”, “Dona Maria”, “S. João” and “Freixo”. Hop on the bus for the tour and don’t forget to make a stop at the the Port Wine Cellar Quevedo or Krohn for a visit. The voucher also includes lunch and beverage at a typical Portuguese restaurant (lunch only for the selected day).
In the city centre discover breathtaking monuments and masterpieces of contemporary architecture such as “Casa da Música”, “Bolsa” Palace, “São Francisco” and also Clérigos tower and church built by an Italian architect Nicolau Nasoni. You will also find Lello’s Bookshop, which has the place of inspiration for J.K. Rowling on her famous Harry Potter books. Then a visit to the S. Bento train station with 20 000 tiles set in panels, representing transport evolution and important historical moments such as wars and conquests of the past century’s.
- 48h for Bus City Sightseeing
- Lunch and Beverage on the selected day
- 50 min Cruise in the Douro River
- Free entrance in one Wine Cellar – Quevedo or Krohn
Price per person: 48€
PORTO ALL IN ONE
This experience will start at 18h30 at the Port Wine Cellar Calém the right place to feel the Port Wine atmosphere. We invite you to a pleasant and informative tour of its famous lodges at Vila Nova de Gaia where the visitor will be given the opportunity to learn about the fascinating history of Port wine, its tradition and innovation.
The guided visit starts at the museum where you can find out more about the Douro demarcated Region, the production of Port Wine and the history of the Wine House. Then you will be guided through the cellar where the wines age in protected light and air conditions. Here, you will find out more about the unique characteristics of each type of Port Wine that always will be a symbol of Portugal in the world, holding the history of a country and its people. Becoming a cultural landmark of history and tradition gathered through generations.
After the visit you will have time to relax with the tasting of a red and a white Port Wines elevated with a Fado concert bringing you our country national musical treasure. Afterwards you are invited to taste in a restaurant close by a myriad of flavors and sensations where wines complement a variety of delicious recipes and the matching flavors will delight even the most demanding of the gourmets.
We will give you the better of two interlinking worlds: the most exquisite cooking and the most noble of wines while you can enjoy the wonderful riverside sights from Gaia and Porto. End of our services free time to enjoy Porto at night bars and cafés.
Cellars Adress: Avenida Diogo Leite, 34 | 4400-111 Vila Nova de Gaia
(Located in the riverside of Vila Nova de Gaia the closest cellars to D. Luiz I bridge)
- Port Wine Cellar Guided Visit
- Port Wine Tasting
- Fado Concert
- Dinner and beverage
Price per person: 78€
Minimum of participants: 15
THE FLAVOURS OF DOURO VALLEY feel, smell and tasteTour description
- August 28th - 1st day Friday
- Arrival to Porto and check in on a 4 stars hotel. It’s a great opportunity to use some free time to visit the city - dinner and beverages aren’t included on this day.
- August 29th - 2nd day Saturday
- After breakfast and check out we will depart towards the first demarcated and regulated wine region in the world, the “Douro Valley”, classified as World Heritage by UNESCO, in 2001.
Our first stop will be at “Casa de Mateus” in Vila Real with its historical house, chapel and gardens from the 18th Century. Afterwards we will continue to Régua where you will have an exciting view over the Douro River while stopping for lunch at a Winery House, where you will visit the wine cellars and taste the best wine during the afternoon.
Returning to Régua you will get to see in a different perspective the Douro Valley’s landscape. Then you can relax in a 4 stars hotel until dinner time. Later a surprising dinner will be waiting for you at restaurant with a modern and creative cuisine, never forgetting the Douro flavours.
- August 30th - 3rd day Sunday
- After breakfast you will be exploring the amazing views of the Douro River in a cruise, it will take you along the Douro River up to the Douro Valley – The Port Wine district. While cruising with the amazing scenery and imposing landscape you will have a moment to relax amongst the vineyards terraces an unmistakable landmark of this wine region that produces a unique wine that couldn't be made anywhere else. The Port Wine Portugal's best ambassador in the world.
Time for lunch and visit a modern Winery that always creates experiences faithful to the Douro’s authentic and genuine characteristics that you will taste in their wines with an unforgettable and breathtaking view over the Douro River.
Time to relax in order to prepare for an exceptional dinner in a place of enormous beauty, blending the grandeur of the vineyard covered mountains and the serenity of the Douro river, will give you the opportunity of tasting our Portuguese most traditional dishes in a unique and special moment.
Return to the 4 Star Hotel after dinner.
- August 31th – 4th day Monday
- After breakfast and check out the tour will drive you towards Porto across the lower Douro Valley to Amarante for a magnificent gourmet lunch at an outstanding restaurant, one Michelin star, located in the historical centre. After lunch there will be time for a short stroll around the historical centre of Amarante and then you will return to Porto, ending the tour checking in at a 4 stars hotel for a relaxing evening.
- 28th August
- Check-in at 4 Stars Hotel - Free Dinner.
- 29th August
- Departure from the Hotel upon to “Casa Mateus”, with lunch at Winery House with tasting and visit to the wine cellars. A surprising dinner will expect you at a restaurant in the “Vila”. Accommodation at a 4 stars Hotel in Régua.
- 30th August
- Cruise at the Douro River. Visit a modern Winery producer including a taste of Port Wine and typical lunch. Dinner in a traditional restaurant. Accommodation at a 4 stars Hotel in Régua.
- 31st August
- Departure from the Hotel in Auto Pullman to Amarante with lunch at a Michelin star restaurant. Return to Porto and check-in at a 4 stars Hotel. End of tour.
- 4 nights at 4 Star Hotels*
- 5 meals including beverages: Lunch & Dinner on Saturday and Sunday, only Lunch on Monday;
- Transfer in Auto Pullman;
- Official English Tour Guide;
- Entrance at the “Casa Mateus” Museum;
- Cruise on the Douro River;
- Double Room
- 685 € per person
- Single Room Supplement
- 180 €